Bamboo shoots with Chickenadmin
There are numerous health benefits of bamboo shoots like healthy weight loss, helps in balancing cholesterol levels and they are a great source of fiber.
This recipe is a native Nagaland delicacy which doesn’t require oil and the unique taste of bamboo makes it an enjoyable recipe.
Let’s start with its ingredients:
- Cut, wash and drain the chicken thoroughly.
- Heat a deep bottomed pan on medium-high and saute the ginger, garlic and green chilies for 30 seconds.
- Add the bamboo shoots, cabbage, and salt as per taste to the sauteed preparation.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the cabbage is tender, add the tomato puree and chicken pieces.
- Mix it all together and add a little water, cover and cook on medium flame. Let it cook for half an hour or until chicken is tender.
- Once cooked, garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
Nutritional value (of the whole dish) :
|Dietary Fiber||22 g|
You can enjoy this mouth-watering dish with hot rotis and freshly steamed rice for an authentic Indian meal.