The recipe of arrabbiata sauce or sugo all’ arrabbiata originates from Italy. The word arrabbiata means ‘angry’ and it refers to the spiciness in the sauce. Arrabiatta sauce can be made with any kind of pasta, in this recipe we use penne.
- Heat olive oil in a pan or skillet and saute and garlic and onions till they turn brown.
- Add the tomato puree, mix it and let it boil.
- Add the chili powder, salt, sugar, oregano, mix and let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the pasta, chicken, and olives (mushrooms) and stir on a medium-highh for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat off, serve hot with cheese and oregano garnishing.
Nutritional value per serving
Prepare this pasta recipe to enjoy the best of comfort food with a dose of protein and spices.