Red Cabbage with Onions and Applesadmin
Red cabbage is also known purple cabbage sometimes. The vibrant colour is due to the presence of strong dietary antioxidants. It is also packed with Vitamins C and K. Red cabbage has anti-inflammatory properties and is among one of the best foods for keeping the best skin health.
- Put butter in a warm skillet and add the chopped onions to it. Cook it till the onions are golden brown and tender.
- Add in the chopped apples, cabbage, apple juice, cider, brown sugar, salt, and pepper and bring it to a boil on medium-high flame.
- Reduce the heat to low and let it slow simmer for 1 whole hour or until the liquid is reduced and apples and cabbage are tender.
- Remove from heat and add crumbled bacon.
- Garnish with parsley and serve!
Nutritional information per 200 grams
|Unsaturated fats||3 g|
Add this recipe as a side dish to any meal and treat your body with the goodness of red cabbage!