Stuffed Peppers with Beans & Cornadmin
These beautiful stuffed peppers are easy to make, yummy and versatile and is perfect for busy weeknight’s family dinners. If you are in for trying something different and distinct, today we are giving away this brilliant recipe of southwestern stuffed peppers. It is one of those recipes where you can experiment all you want with the stuffing. Here we are using black beans and corns as fillings in these meat free stuffed peppers recipe.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- Start with preheating the oven to 350°F (180°C). Then take a square baking dish and spray it with cooking spray. Wrap it properly with a large foil, and again spray on it the cooking spray well.
- Next cut off the top or side of the peppers as you prefer. Discard the stem and finely chop the remaining top. Then empty the pepper bells by removing the ribs and seeds from inside and place them in the baking dish as cups.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non stick pan at medium flame. The add the finely chopped onion, jalapeño pepper, and bell pepper tops and fry for 5 minutes until they become tender.
- Then add the garlic and stir for few seconds. Next you have to add the stock, bulgur, and beans and blend the mixture well. Then cover the mixture and let it cook on low flame until the bulgur is tender (standard time is 15 minutes).
- Remove the prepared mixture from the heat and add the corn and coriander leaves. Now your stuffing is finally prepared. Just stuff this mixture into the peppers and sprinkle a lot of shredded cheese on top.
- Whisk tomato sauce with chilli powder, cumin, salt, and a few grinds of pepper in a bowl together. You can spoon the sauce on the peppers as well as around the peppers according to your preferences. Then cover the dish tightly and perfectly with the prepared foil, and bake it for about 25 minutes until the peppers turns tender.
- At last remove the foil and again bake it for 5 minutes until the cheese turns golden. And finally spoon the sauce over the stuffed peppers and serve it warm.
Beans, corns, spices, sauce cheese and the bell peppers, all at one place and in one meal, a perfect yummicious dish. Try this recipe and we guarantee a satisfying smile on your face.
Nutritional Value Per Serving