Rocket Leaves and Broccoli Soupadmin
Rocket leaves, also known as arugula, is a superfood which is packed with fiber, antioxidants and a compound known as glucosinolates which helps provide body immunity against almost any kind of cancer. And broccoli, on the other hand, is a vital source of vitamin K, C, zinc, and calcium.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and fry until slightly translucent then add garlic and saute until it becomes aromatic, for a minute or two.
- Add broccoli florets and let it cook until they are bright green, for about 5 minutes.
- Then add water, salt, pepper and lemon juice, cover the skillet and bring to a boil on low heat until the broccoli is tender about 8-1o minutes.
- Let cool then remove from skillet, add soup to a blender and add rocket leaves to it, blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves and serve in bowls.
Nutritional Value (Per 100 Grams)
This recipe is perfect for people going through illnesses to give a boost to their immune systems. And generally for a healthy body.