Kashmiri Dum Alooadmin
The tender and spicy baby potato in a thick yogurt and tomato based curry is a mouthwatering sight. This delicacy from the snowy land of Kashmir will awaken all of your delight senses. Serve it hot with chapattis, puris and even rice and give your taste buds a feast.
- Preparation Time: 20 Mins
- Cooking Time: 15 Mins
- Total Time: 35 Mins
Directions (For Onion Paste)
- For preparing the onion paste, take a non stick pan and heat the oil, then add all the spices like cloves, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, green chillies, and red chillies and fry it for 1 minute on a medium flame.
- Then add the sliced onions and sauté for another minute on a medium flame before adding turmeric powder and salt and stir it for another minute.
- Cool the mixture for sometime before blending it in a mixer without using any water and then keep it aside for a later use.
Directions (For Kashmiri Dum Aloo)
- Mix yogurt well with ¼ cup of water in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Next, combine baby potatoes (boiled and peeled) with kashmiri chilli powder and salt in a deep bowl and toss it well.
- Now, heat the mustard oil in a broad non stick pan. Add the chilli potatoes and stir them for 5 minutes on medium flame before taking them out and keep it aside.
- Add cumin seeds in the same pre heated oil pan.
- As soon as the cumin seeds start to crackle, add the onion paste, coriander powder, fennel powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder. Mix them well and let it cook for 3 minutes on medium flame while continuously stirring.
- Now let’s add tomato pulp along with ¼ cup of water and salt (according to taste) and cook on medium flame for another 3 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Switch the flame off and add sugar and curd-water mixture and blend them well.
- Switch on the flame again and reduce it to lowest and add dried fenugreek leaves with potatoes (which we kept aside) and mix them well. Cook it for 3 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Take out this delicious kashmiri dum aloo in a bowl and garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve it while its hot.
This Indian cuisine recipe is a sure shot for making your loved one’s mouths watery. So go ahead and try this recipe at home and be ready to be praised.
Nutritional Value Per Serving