Nadru Yakhni (Lotus Stem Recipe)admin
Nadru Yakhni is a very famous kashmiri curry cuisine of lotus stem. This cuisine offers tremendous health benefits as Lotus stems are rich in vitamin C, boosts the immunity and helps fight viral infection. It contains all the essential minerals such as magnesium, iron, copper and zinc and produces red blood cells.
So if you are thinking of supplementing nutrients to your family, this is the perfect dish you may want to explore.
- Preparation Time: 10-15 Mins
- Cooking Time: 25-30 Mins
- Total Time: 35-45 Mins
Ingredients (Serves 4)
If you do not enjoy spicy food, then this mild spicy recipe of Nadru Yakhni is just the one for you to savor the mild and slightly sweet flavor of lotus stem.
- Peel and wash the lotus stem thoroughly. Then cut it into three fourth inch sized pieces diagonally.
- Next boil four cup of water in a pan and add lotus stem pieces and salt to it and let it cook till its half done.
- Then heat sufficient amount of oil in a pan and fry onions till its color turns brownish. Now grind it into paste after cooling it for some time.
- Take half a cup of water with yogurt in a bowl and blend them well. Then pour this mixture on a clean muslin cloth and strain it properly.
- Cook this strained mixture with continuous stirring on a high flame till it changes its color and then keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a new pan and add all the spices such as black cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and sauté till they crackle.
- Add fennel powder and dry ginger powder to a cup of water and blend well. Now add the onion paste to it and mix well.
- Add this prepared mixture in the pan and stir it properly. Then add the cooked yogurt that we kept aside with half cooked lotus stem pieces in the pan and mix it well.
- Add green cardamoms and salt to the mixture and cook till lotus stems are fully cooked.
- At the end, add caraway seeds and dries crushed mint leaves to give some extra flavor to your dish. Stir well before removing from heat and serve while it’s hot.
This exquisite Nadru Yakhni recipe is normally served with rice but it goes perfectly well with chapattis too. Give your family a dose of nutrients and a different but authentic flavor to remember for a lifetime with this dish.