Indian Style Asparagus Curryadmin
Asparagus, also known as sparrow grass, is loaded with nutrition benefits. It is a green stalk with a sweet and remarkable flavour. It is commonly used in salads and soups and can even be grilled. Enjoy this healthy combination of crispy asparagus and firm tofu, certainly a mouth-watering delight.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat, add cumin seeds and let them flutter.
- Add green chilies, ginger garlic paste and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced onions and salt, saute till the onions get translucent, do not let them turn brown.
- Add in the chopped asparagus and toss it well.
- Add more salt if needed with coriander powder, fennel seed powder, red chili powder, and dry mango powder. Saute till everything gets coated.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or till the asparagus is cooked to your liking with stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and give it a stir.
- Cover and cook again for 2-3 minutes or till the tomatoes get mushy.
- Turn the heat off. Serve hot.
- Again cover it and cook it for 2 minutes. So tomatoes get soft.
Nutritional value (per 100 grams)
This recipe is the best way to ensure you get the goodness of asparagus and the amazing taste of Indian spices in a single dish.